March 30, 2010

Our beginning

Our story starts off like a lot of other stories, a handsome man meets a beautiful woman, they fall in love. After a year of dating he asks her to marry him and with tears in her eyes she says "Yes, yes, of course I'll marry you".  Not long after that, one lovely June afternoon, they were happily married.
Then came the honeymoon...........we'll skip the details here.

We moved into a little house we were renting. Life was bliss! We were married and loving it. It didn't get much better than this but wait, our story is just beginning.

Two weeks after we said our "I do's", we found out it was no longer going to be just the two of us. That's right, we had a little one on the way. Although we both wanted to have children, we didn't expect it to happen this soon. All that being said, we couldn't have been more happy. For weeks we went to doctor's appointments, planned and dreamed about our little one, and I had convinced myself that it was a girl to the point where I had already purchased some girly outfits. When I was 21 weeks along in the pregnancy, we drove to the doctor's office with anticipation as to wheither we were having a boy or girl. Being emotional, like I am, I cried the whole 40 minute drive because I really, REALLY wanted it to be a girl. I was so silly.

So, we're in the room, getting the ultrasound of the baby when the ultrasound technician asked my husband and I something we were not expecting..........

"You've been told you are having twins, right?"

To our utter shock and amazement, she wasn't kidding with us. Yes, there were two babies there the whole time. At this point I wasn't worried about having a girl, in fact, I was exstastic about having two boys. Two little boys, and we were going to be blessed to be their parents. We were speechless! After seeing both of them for the first time and finding out that they were growing and healthy, we breathed a sigh of relief. "Two boys", we kept saying to each other, "two boys".

No comments:

Post a Comment