January 27, 2011

Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting

Ok, so it seems that I'm just full of recipes this month. I guess there's nothing wrong with that! *wink,wink*
I wanted to share with you one of the easiest chocolate cake recipes I've ever made. My family has been making this cake for as long as I can remember, it's so yummy! It's also one of those cakes whos ingredients are all things you would normally have in your kitchen. I love those quick "whip it together" recipes!


Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting

Mix:
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 T. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Add:
6 T. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. cold water

Pour into one 8x8 pan or two 8 inch round cake pans lightly greased. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 for the 8x8 pan or about 20 minutes for the two 8 inch round cake pans. Cool on wire racks before frosting.

Buttercream Frosting

1/3 c. butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream all ingredients together until smooth. Frost top of 8x8 cake or spread a small portion of frosting between the two round layers, then frost the top and sides with the rest. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment