October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Bundt Cake

As promised, I'm posting the recipe for the pumpkin bundt cake I made on Sunday.

Interesting story:

It's only been recently that I've started eating pumpkin. I hated it growing up and even into my adult years. Then the fall that I was pregnant with the twins, I craved pumpkin. My mom made pumpkin bread and I know I ate quite a lot. Mmmm......
So, that's when I started eating pumpkin. Silly story but now you know! lol On to the recipe.........


Pumpkin Bundt Cake
(adapted from Family Circle)


Cake:
3 c. cake flour (not self-rising)
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
2 sticks butter, softened
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. pureed pumpkin
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
3 - 4 T. milk
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12-cup bundt pan.
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, and next three ingredients.
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
Mix into the pumpkin mixture the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

Glaze. Stir together powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Add a few drops of milk if too thick and a little more powdered sugar if too runny.
Pour glaze over cooled cake, letting it drip down the sides. Have a slice or two! :o)







No comments:

Post a Comment