June 26, 2011

Craft closet & DIY photo canvas

Organizing. It's something I love but still struggle to keep up with most of the time.

My craft closet is one of the best examples to the above statement. Things get stashed in there, thrown aside so they're simply out of my way. New supplies get center stage, though. I love opening the closet and seeing the new stuff right away. lol Anyway, as I work on being more organized and staying that way I thought I'd share with you a couple before and after shots of the closet. Why you ask? It's the same reason I love to browse other blogs. To get a glimpse inside someone else's world. To see how they live and work through their day. And let's face it, who doesn't love a good before and after photo shoot. Ha!

Before


After


Still not fabulous but better than it was before.

(I'm sorry to say that since these pictures were taken it's now somewhat messy again)
Like I said earlier, it's something I'm working on. A daily struggle that is sometimes overcome.
........................................................................................................................................................

I am posting a little late about our Father's day gift but alas here it is.
DIY photo print.
Canvas was purchased at Michael's. We used a 16"x20".
Varnish medium was also from Michael's, Liquitex Gloss Medium and Varnish
16"x20" photo print from Shutterfly


When I put this together I didn't take any tutorial photos but here is where I originally found instructions on how to put it together. I realized after the fact that I used a different varnish that she did but mine still came out great.

Putting this canvas print together was so easy, I already have plans to make more.

Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment