December 21, 2011

Gingerbread Houses (3 year old style)

The Christmas season of 2011 marks the beginning of a new tradition at the Kinsaul house.
Gingerbread houses.
Okay, they're really graham cracker houses but calling them gingerbread sounds more festive.
The four of us spent some time together yesterday afternoon decorating the houses.
The hubs and I mostly supervised the boys but it was so relaxing and enjoyable. I think David was surprised at how much fun it actually was.

To keep the stress of the houses falling apart while decorating at bay, I hot glued the graham crackers together before hand. This worked really well and as much as I'd like to take credit for the idea, I actually saw Ashley over at Under the Sycamore blog about it.(check out the rest of her blog, good stuff) Such a neat way to put them together and keeps tears from little ones away, who might otherwise be upset about their house falling down.
My boys had a great time spreading frosting and playing with the candy, plus, this was a good sensory activity for them.










F's house - he did some demolition work immediately. lol



B's house - : )


The perfect centerpiece for our table.

Hope you're all having the best week before Christmas!
Can you believe it's almost here?!!

........................................................................................................................................
I almost forgot. This is my 100th blog post. Wow!
I wish I had a giveaway or something else fun to celebrate.
I'll have one for the 125th blog post instead. :o)
Thanks for reading!













No comments:

Post a Comment