July 6, 2011

Just a little paint....dresser update

A couple weeks ago I decided it was time for a little updating in our master bedroom.
Our dresser/nightstands were so dark and I've been falling head over heals for all things white. I guess you won't be surprised to know that painting the dressers white is exactly what I did. They look amazing now. I love the fresh, clean feeling they bring.

This is only the beginning though. For a while now, okay really since we moved here and the office stuff invaded our bedroom, it's not been the most inviting or relaxing space. This is my mission. To somehow make the office and bedroom work together to create a cozy retreat.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as to the progress of this room. For now, here's a look at the dresser/nightstand before and after.

Before:

Not the best before photo but this was all I could find and I failed to take a picture of them before painting. Oops!

After:




A little distressing, love this look. Plus, my little guys love to bring their toys and trucks in our room. Knowing they like to put them up on our dressers makes me feel more okay with all the nicks and scratches I know are inevitable.


The drawer pulls were a lovely GOLD before. Yep, that's right, GOLD.
 After a little light spray painting they are gorgeous.
I used Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze. Love the nice even finish.


As for the painting, I applied a couple coats of Zinsser primer first. Then a couple coats of BEHR premium plus paint in Swiss Coffee. 



Instead of painting them plain white, adding the little bit of color brought just the right amount of warmth to the dressers. Plus the name is so cute too! I'm a sucker when it comes to paint names. I guess you could say I'm somewhat of a paint geek. lol Not sure that's even a term, it's just the way I see myself.

About the office stuff invading our room? This is what I'm talking about. Somehow I'm going to make this work. :o)


Happy Wednesday!







3 comments:

  1. You could somehow attach a curtain rod to your book cases to hide the books, just a thought! I really enjoy reading your blog, it encourages me to be a better homemaker! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! you are so talented : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I have so many ideas for the rest of this space, it's going to be hard to narrow them down. I like the idea of curtains though. Choices, choices!

    ReplyDelete