July 21, 2011

Quilt & Sweet Moments

Yesterday I finished a quilt I've been working on for 10 years. Yes, you read that right, 10 years. I have to say though that the reason it took me so long to finish it is simply because I failed to work on it AT ALL. We're talking I sewed all my squares together, base stitched (not sure that's an actual term) my quilt top, batting, and backing together and started quilting a few squares but then I just lost my steam. So, I've carried it with me all these years, I've forgotten about it several times, pulled it out a few times only to quilt a few squares and put it away again. But a few weeks ago, I found it again and decided once and for all to finish it. The fabric may be a little dated and definitely isn't something I'd pick out now but it's nice and it's cozy. Favre absolutely loves it and Brett wanted to get his share of cozy time with it too. Favre is a lover of all things cozy...........blankets, his blankie, stuffed animals, pillows, soft towels. lol He's a little snuggler!
I'm just thrilled to finally have it completed. I washed it today and it's simply perfect, if only it were colder outside.





................................................................................................................................................

Afternoon watercolors.


Handy Manny paint pages were a big hit.


They usually fall asleep together in one of their beds. It's one of the sweetest things to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment