October 11, 2010

Trick or Treat.....

I've been in the process of putting together Halloween costumes (B & F are going to be the cutest little cowboys), decorating for Fall and trying to keep up with everything around here.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a couple of projects I've been working on.
First up are the personalized "trick or treat" bags I made for B & F. I'm so happy with the way they turned out.



These bags were fairly simple to put together if you're handy with a sewing machine. I wish I could take credit for the bag idea but I saw it somewhere in the blog world. The personalization part was all me though! lol For these bags I used orange felt for the bag and black felt for the jack o' lantern face. Black and white polka dot fabric for the personalized letters. Scraps of ribbon under the letters. Fusible web (this stuff is awesome) to attach the letters and J o' L face. I used two whole felt pieces for the front and back and cut 3 inch strips of felt to fit the sides and bottom of the bag and 2 inch strips to make the handles.
I'm just so thrilled with the way they turned out!


After having so much fun with the fusible web I decided to make them some Halloween t-shirts.
I can't wait to try them on B & F!


For the t-shirts I used plain black shirts from Target, more of the black and white polka dot fabric, fusible web and orange thread. For some reason I couldn't get the orange thread to show up very well in my pictures.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment