November 11, 2011

Thankful Days 10 & 11 / Irish Creme Cookies

Day 10:
I'm thankful for nap time. It's vital to my survival as a mom. I feel very fortunate that both my boys still take an afternoon nap at the age of three and a half. Because they do, I'm able to get some creative work done during daylight hours. Huge mood booster for me!


Day 11:
I'm thankful my wonderful husband doesn't complain, EVER, that we share our clothes closet with my craft/scrapbook storage. I know he'll be glad when I can have a separate space for it but for now we're just working with what we have. He's unbelievably awesome for supporting me in what I love!

.........................................................................................................................................................................
I didn't forgot about the Irish Cre'me Cookie recipe, it's just taken me longer to get it posted. If you were waiting for it, thank you for your patience. :o)

Irish Cre'me Cookies

1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 T. really strong, brewed coffee
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c, all-purpose flour
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and shortening. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 c. sugar, coffee, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined than add flour.
In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 c. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place balls 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
Spread Irish Cre'me Frosting over cookies.

Irish Cre'me Frosting

In a medium bowl, combine 3 T. softened butter and 1 T. really strong, brewed coffee. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Gradually beat in 3 c. powdered sugar. Beat in enough half & half or whipping cream (1 to 3 tablespoons) to make a frosting of spreading consistency.

Store at room temp for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment