November 14, 2011

Thankful Day 14 & Caramel Apples

Day 14:

I'm thankful for my awesome kitchen in our new apartment. The counter and cabinet space are phenomenal. It makes cooking & baking so much easier. Love, love, love it!

Let's take a look at the old kitchen and the new kitchen, shall we?


Old kitchen
(sorry this isn't the best picture, I couldn't find my other one)


New kitchen
*happy sigh*

...............................................................................................................................................................

Caramel Apples
It's a semi-new thing for me to have helpers in the kitchen. I've attempted to get the boys involved in making food before but it has always been crazy with neither one listening or following directions. If you have little ones, you know what I mean. So, we tried it again this morning and make caramel apples. They both were great. I'm talking major listening points and following my directions. They seemed to have fun too which is what matters the most.
F was first up for placing the sticks in the apples. I only showed him once and he took over from there and did two more. Meanwhile B was waiting on the sidelines, as patiently as a three year old can, watching the entire time. When it was his turn he jumped up on his step stool and went right to work.


 After the apples were ready B lost interest in the cooking process and snagged an extra apple to snack on instead.

F poured and mixed before it went on the stove and helped with the last step of dipping the caramel dipped apples in ice water.

I have to say, I had a blast having them help in the kitchen. This is just the beginning of our cooking adventures together.

If you want our caramel apple recipe you can find it here. Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment